As Friday was Blog the Change day, Be the Change for Animals held a blog hop featuring all the blogs who were talking about the causes or things that were important to them. Mom and I visited as many blogs as our brains and eyes could handle, so I thought we’d do a little wrap up of some of our favorite posts and causes.
- A few blogs including: This One Wild Life, Oh Behave, The Doggie Blog, Dog of the Week, and Peggy’s Pet Place talked about humans opening their hearts and adopting senior dogs and some of the organizations (like The Grey Muzzle Organization and the Saint Louis Senior Dog Project) that help older pups.
- The Road Dogs talked about a shelter they visited in Mountainair, New Mexico. They are asking fans to vote for the Mountainair shelter, a very small building with incredibly limited resources, on The Animal Rescue Site. If the shelter wins they will receive a $100,000 grant, money that is greatly needed.
- Did you know that some hotels have a weight limit on dog guests? I didn’t until I read Go Pet Friendly‘s Blog the Change post. You can sign this petition to help get the weight limits abolished.
- Blogs like Rusty-Dawg Pet Products, Nubbin’ Tails, Dog Days, The Everyday Life of a Milshelb Mom, Chasing Windmills, and I Still Want More Puppies discussed the importance of adopting from a rescue or shelter. Many favorite shelters or rescues were also mentioned like HART, PAWS Rescue, Rocket Dog Rescue, and the Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue.
- Under The Blanket talked about the importance of visible IDs and how their product, blanketIDs, can be of help when a pet goes missing.
- Anne from A.G. Outloud set a personal goal of collecting 100 blankets by the end of July for Operation Blankets of Love. And she asked her readers to also donate blankets and towels.
- The founder of Project V.E.T.S. was interviewed over at Boulder Dog and explained the importance of improving the welfare of animals around the globe with donated supplies to vet offices in need.
- Phetched and To Dog with Love (on their inaugural post) discussed the dangers of dogs and heat, especially the danger of leaving dogs in cars when it is warm out. Phetched even linked some flyers you can print out and leave on cars to help spread the word.
- Fido & Wino talked about the growth of the R.O.A.R. Squad, a project launched to make “adopting a pet the coolest thing around.”
Of course I only talked about the tip of the iceberg that is all the wonderful bloggers, furry or not, that talked about things important to them and made promises to help garner change. If you would like to see the entire list of participating blogs, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Were there any posts that inspired you to make a change?