Inspired by my mom’s guest post on Doggie Stylish the other day, I’ve been sniffing around the internet to find some other great DIY tutorials for pet stuff. You can really instructions on how to make anything, if not everything! Lacking some of the finer motor skills (and not to mention opposable thumbs) to complete these tasks on my own, I hope my mom gets the hint and gets to making some more stuff for me. So here’s around-up of some of the great craft and DIY tutorials you can find for your dog.
- Turn a felted cardigan into a dog sweater with Martha Stewart.
- Are you a knitter? Chopped Tomatoes has a free pattern for a very adorable, “bucalicious” dog sweater.
- Have any large socks without a pair? Howcast has a video to show you how to turn it into a sweater for a bitty pup.
- Instructables user scoochmaroo can instruct you on how to make a Snuggie for your chilly pooch.
- If you’re anything like my mom and wish your pup could fit into little human clothing, Obsessively Stitching posted instructions on how to adjust a little human tee to fit your dog.
- The DIY Network can show you how to make a party ready doggy dress.
- Does your dog dream of flying? Instructables user ArtisticBabe can show you how to make a cute pair of puppy fairy wings.
- Last year for Halloween I was a punk rock ballerina. My outfit was not complete without a tutu which you can learn how to make over at Craft:.
- Martha Stewart‘s cute Frenchie Sharkey was a moth last year. She shows you how to replicate the costume on her site.
- Show people how much you dog lights up your life with Switch’s light up dandelion costume.
- Interested in your dog rocking a martingale collar like me? You can make one with the help of Doggie Stylish’s tutorial.
- If your pooch is into something a bit shinier, Martha Stewart can show you how to make a lovely diamond dog necklace.
- If you have any leftover pet food bags, turn them into an ecofriendly collar with Craft:.
- Using The Bark’s tutorial, you can crochet a cute neck scarf for your dog.
- If you have a harness wearing dog, Instructables user Doggie Stylish (sound familiar?) can show you how to make one with grosgrain ribbon.
- If you’re having trouble finding a toy to suit your heavy-chewing dog, make one with the help of Instructables user J3443RY.
- Have an old sweater lying around? CraftStylish can show you how to turn it into a squeaky toy.
- Craft: has a great tutorial about making a braided rope toy using fabric.
- Is your dog crated? Instructable user shangrilacadia has a great tutorial on how to make a waterproof crate cushion.
- Make a cute little doggy bed with Pretty Little Things.
- Turn a toy box into a raised dog bed using Roots and Wings Co.’s bed tutorial.
- If you want to make a new leash, Anna Maria can show you how.
- Make traveling with your pup a breeze by making CraftStylish’s collapsible pet bowl.
- For natural flea repellent, check out Craft:’s lavender based formula.
- Messy eater? Keep their food station neat with Martha Stewart’s pet place mat.
- Bath time can be a bit easier if you make CraftStylish’s knit a mutt mitt.
I hope some of these inspired you to get crafty. Your dogs will definitely appreciate it.
Happy tail wags!