A couple of weeks ago, my very good human friend Cate from blanketID and Under the Blanket informed me that she had awarded me, as well as 14 other great blogs the Stylish Blogger Award! I am one incredibly honored pup. Cate knows stylish, and to be considered a pooch worthy of her attention is a wonderful thing. So thank you very much, Cate! Of course, there are a few stipulations to this award; stipulations that I am very excited to accomplish. First I have to list seven things about myself that you may not know about me. I’m usually very open in my posts, so this took a lot of brain storming. I think I’ve come up with a pretty unique list though!
1. I was not only the only female in my litter, but I was also the only pup with apricot coloring. Both of my brothers were black with white markings on their bellies and paws. They were also much curlier than me.
2. The claws on my back feet are white, while the claws on my front feet are black; all except for one claw which is white. 3. I am very overprotective of my tail. If it gets touched or if one of the cats try to bat at it, I tuck it in and sit on it.
4. The blond hair on my head wasn’t there when I was a puppy. Instead of blond, I had little bits of black hair. During one of my grooming session, my mom trimmed down the hair on my head to reveal a small blond patch. It has since grown from a patch to cover my entire head!
5. When I hear the words “walk” or “ride,” even if the humans are just having a conversation, I will run to the front door.
6. My gramp works for a taxi company called Joe’s Taxi. Because he often comes to visit me during his taxi time, I now think every Joe’s Taxi is driven by him. Whenever I see one, my tail starts wiggling and I get incredibly excited. 7. My clothing wardrobe has now expanded to fill two big totes. Eventually, my mom wants to get me my own mini closet.
The second part of accepting the Stylish Blogger Award is to nominate 15 other blogs to pass the award on to. Obviously this is even tougher than coming up with facts about myself (I am my favorite subject after all), but here I go!
Road Dog Tales: Ever wonder what it would be like to take a road trip around the US with your favorite hounds in tow? The Road Dog crew is doing just that and blogging about their adventures the whole way!
Speaking for Spot Blog: Dr. Nancy Kay, the author of Speaking for Spot, keeps a great blog about useful things every dog caretaker should know.
To Dog With Love: A cute blog written by my furry pal Cosmo and human Diane. I love reading about Cosmo’s agility competitions.
The Honest Kitchen Blog: Not only does The Honest Kitchen make some of the best food on the block, but they also keep an incredibly informative blog where they talk about everything from health issues to yummy foods you can add to your pets diet to new updates about the company.
I Still Want More Puppies: Pup Fan’s blog is always a great stop when you need to watch some cute pet videos and squeal over adorable photos.
K-9 Solutions Dog Training, Inc.: Marie is one of my great new human pals! Her blog not only documents her work with the local Humane Society of Knox County, the daily comings and goings of her two dogs Jack and Jenny, but also some really thought-provoking posts.
Life @ Silly Dogs: Sam and Kelly’s webcomic is one of my new favorite stops on the internet. Their comics are bright, colorful, and above all tail-waggingly hilarious!
Oh My Dog!: I don’t think I can explain Oh My Dog! any better than how it is explained in the “About Me” page: “[it's] a site for all things dog,” including product reviews, recipes, tips, and tons of photos and stories about the Oh My Dog! crew.
Pawcurious: Dr. V’s blog was the main inspiration for my mom to start this blog for me. It was the first pet-centric blog she ever started to read and she’s still obsessed.
Pawesome: Everything you’d ever want in a fun pet-blog you can find on Pawesome: photos, new products, links to other nifty articles and blogs, great information, funny videos, and my favorite, their curbed posts that feature pets spotted by the various blogging team.
Phetched: Phetched often gets my mom in trouble with her bank account! Katherine always features the freshest and hippest pet products on the market. Pretty much every post will make you think “my pet TOTALLY needs that!”
Boulder Dog: Deborah’s stories about living with her shy and sometimes fearful muse, Sadie the Standard Poodle, have been some of the best posts my mom has ever read. This blog is definitely an amazing read and will really make you think.
Confessions of the Plume: Baby Patches is one of the pawesomest kitties I know. Her blog details all the adorable things about her life.
Dog Milk: Like Phetched, Dog Milk features some very barkworthy pet products. Also incredibly dangerous for the bank account.
Boogie’s Blog: Boogie’s Blog is Boogie-centric. This cutie of a Boston Terrier has a dedicated human who chronicles Boogie’s struggles with skin issues, aggression problems, and general adorability.
Happy tail wags!